These are quick but powerful:
Here's the original article: http://www.earlytorise.com/how-to-sell-anything-including-your-ideas-and-yourself/
- "The message is about the reader and his interests, needs, and desires, not you and your wants."
- "It should contain some significant promise of benefits (again to the reader), implicit or stated.
- "The benefits should be concrete -- easy for your reader to imagine."
- "Any claims you make should be supported by facts."
- "Difficult concepts should be included only if you can clearly illustrate them with examples and analogies."
- "Simple is better. One overriding idea presented repeatedly in different ways and with building evidence is much stronger than a string of related but distinct ideas."